Yurt living has become a popular way to downsize and simplify one’s life. Yurts are more comfortable than one might think and can be a great alternative to a traditional home. They are also much cheaper than buying a house and can be easier to heat and cool. However, yurts do have some downsides. Let’s compare yurts and cabins to help you decide which is right for you.
Yurt vs Cabin
There are plenty of great reasons to choose a yurt over a cabin. Here are some of the most compelling:
- Yurts are extremely versatile. They can be used as everything from a primary residence to a hunting lodge to a backyard playhouse for kids.
- Yurts can be set up on nearly any kind of terrain, making them a great option for remote or difficult-to-access locations.
- Yurts are typically much easier and less expensive to build than cabins.
- Yurts don’t require any foundation, so they can be moved or taken down as needed with minimal effort.
So, what are the cons of yurt living? They are as follows:
- Yurts are not as strong as other types of houses. They can stand up to most weather conditions, but if you live in an area with a lot of hurricanes or tornadoes, you might want to choose a sturdier option.
- Yurts can be more expensive than other types of housing. Depending on the size and features you want, yurts can cost anywhere from a few thousand dollars to tens of thousands of dollars.
- Yurts are not as energy efficient as other types of housing. This is because they have large windows and are made mostly of fabric. If you live in a cold climate, you will probably have to spend more money on heating your yurt than you would on heating a traditional home.
A cabin is typically a small, rural dwelling made of wood. This type of housing is often used as a getaway for vacations or hunting trips. Cabins generally have one or two bedrooms, a small kitchen, and a living area. Yurts, on the other hand, are structures that have been used for centuries by nomadic people.
Cabins are the classic choice for a countryside getaway, and it’s easy to see why. They hearken back to a simpler time, when all you needed was a cozy place to rest your head after a long day of hiking or fishing. And while modern cabins can be just as luxurious as any other vacation rental, they still retain that homey, rustic charm. Here are some of the main pros of choosing a cabin for your next trip.
You Can Find Them Almost Anywhere
Cabins are scattered throughout the countryside in every corner of the world. Whether you’re looking for a secluded spot in the woods or want to be near all the action, there’s sure to be a cabin that’s perfect for you.
They Often Come With Activities Included
When you rent a cabin, many times you’ll have access to on-site activities like hiking trails, fishing ponds, and more. So if you’re looking for a vacation where you can spend your days exploring nature, a cabin is often the way to go.
They Have A Rustic Charm
There’s just something about cabins that makes them feel like home—maybe it’s the log walls or the cozy fireplace. Whatever it is, spending time in a cabin can help you relax and appreciate the simpler things in life.